Sending keyDown

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 10:06:23 EDT 2009

First--------
Since the handler is in a field script, it is not in the message
hierarchy when the SEND is executed, thus 'can't find handler'
There is no keydown handler in the stack script.

Second-------
If you made a change and did this
    send ("keydown" && var) to ME
which means the script container...
you would be creating an infinite loop and get
I get an error of "Recursion limit reached" if no time interval is
specified

Third---------
Try this to see the loop that never stops

on keyDown var
    if the optionkey is down then exit to top

    send ("keydown" && var) to ME in 1 second
    get  "keydown" &&  var && "to this stack"
    put IT && the ticks
end keyDown

Hope this helps,

Jim Ault