Sending keyDown

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Wed Oct 21 17:43:50 EDT 2009

Just when I was thinking I had the differences between HC and Rev down, I
stumble.

I have an editable field with this handler:

on keyDown var
   send "keydown" && var to this stack
   put var
end keyDown

In HC, any text I type gets placed into the field, so typing works
normally, but then I can do stuff with the last char, like put it into the msg box.
Actually, in HC, I say "to Hypercard", but it makes no difference.

But in Rev I get an error message stating that Rev "can't find handler near
"keyDown".

Can't wait to see where this divergence between the two lies...

Thanks,

Craig Newman