Retrieve the Layer Number of an Object?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Wed Oct 21 16:25:06 EDT 2009

Hi Richmond,

Ah, I see my difficulty now, I was trying to say:
put the layer number of btn "Button" into VarLayerNumber
which apparently was too verbose so it didn't work.

Yes, the button is hidden.  I wanted to bring it forward
for testing so I can see it better, make my test changes
programmatically, so I can be sure it did what I wanted
it to do, and then put it back where it was.  Why the
big deal about it?

Anyways, thank you for your help!

Rick

On Oct 21, 2009, at 12:11 PM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> Rick Harrison wrote:
>
> "I want to programmatically get the layer
> number of a button, store the layer number for it,
> move the button to the front, modify the button,
> and then move it back to the layer where it was
> with the set the layer of button "blah" to the VarLayerNumber."
>
> on mouseUp
>  put the layer of btn "Button" into  VarLayerNumber
>  set the layer of btn "Button" to top
>  -- do daft things to btn "Button" --
>  set the layer of btn "Button" to  VarLayerNumber
> end mouseUp
>
> Not terribly difficult . . .   :)
>
> Mind you, why it is necessary to move the button to
> the top layer, do things to it, and move it back again
> escapes me when you could just perform your
> transformations in situ.

Rick Harrison

You can buy my $10 music album "Funny Time Machine" digital CD on the
iTunes Store Now!

To visit the iTunes Store now to listen to samples of my CD please
click on the
following link.  (Please note you must have iTunes installed on your
computer for this link to work.)

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=213668290