Calling all open source developers

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Oct 21 14:55:33 EDT 2009

> I think the underlying issue is this.  If you are entering an
> open source project with the idea that it is either desirable
> or possible to prevent forking, you are in the wrong place.
> Its not that open source is the bees'
> knees necessarily, but it is what it is, and its the essence
> of it that forking shall be possible and open to everyone.

I mostly agree with you, Peter, but maybe that's a little extreme.

Case in point, there was a big split a few years ago of the Mambo CMS -
which is now split into Mambo and Joomla. Each is going its merry way, but
neither is really taking down the other, or taking away from the other.
ZenCart is a derivative of OS Commerce, and each is going its merry way as
well.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President