SEND IN TIMe

Thierry th.douez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 05:12:30 EDT 2009

Le 21 oct. 09 à 01:33, Terry Dennis a écrit :

> OK, I've finally had my fill of this glitch.  I haven't been able
> to figure out what causes it, so I will describe the process here
> and see if anybody else can figure out a work-around, or agrees
> that it's a bug.

Well, personally don't see this as a bug.

> "SEND message TO ME IN nnn SECONDS" works fine as long as there is
> nothing else happening in my PC at the time.  I've had it run for
> entire weekends with no problems.  The interval is set to 7 Minutes.
>
> However, during weekdays when I am doing some other activity, it
> occasionally hiccups.  It happens several  times during the day --
> where "several" can be as many as a dozen, depending on how busy I
> am.  I frequently have multiple non-Rev windows open performing
> several different tasks, some of which are CPU intensive.  That's
> when my Rev application doesn't re-trigger itself.  At least it
> doesn't appear to.

On linux box you have the nice command to
Run Process With Modified Scheduling Priority which would help you in
this context.

But as I'm an occasional Windows developer, I'm not sure how ( or
if ) you can manage this
on Windows. ( I guess you can )

Regards,
Thierry