Datagrid: multiple hilites

David Bovill david at architex.tv
Tue Oct 20 13:18:14 EDT 2009

Whoa!

So sorry. I really checked this very thoroughly or so I thought. I turns out
not to a datagrid issue, but mine - or should that be a Rev bug??? Goes like
this:

I was relying on a handler I've had for decades
"rect_CreateTransparentButton" which does what is say on the tin, creates a
semi-transparent button at the rect you specify, so you can see the area -
one click an it is gone. OK - but :)

set the rect of transparentButton to someRect
> show transparentButton

that's it! That's the problem ??? The script creates the button with "create
invisible button someName", does some stuff, sets the rect and shows the
button - so? Well setting the rect of an invisible object off screen does
not work?!? It gets limited to the screen rect.

OK - it's old code and it would be better to set the templatebutton and then
reset it - but still I can feel good about myself and waisting Trevors time
right? This is surely a Rev bug :)