How to filter a big list

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 19 19:50:50 EDT 2009

Jérôme Rosat wrote:
> I wish to filter a list which contains approximately 300'000 lines. I
> try the "filter ... with" command. It's slow.
>
> I try the "Repeat for each" loop but it's slower.
>
> Is it possible to use the "filter ... with" command and to "force"
> RunRev to check only one "item" of the line and not the whole line
> with the "filterPattern" ?

RegEx is a complex subsystem designed for ease of use more than performance.

Depending on what you want to do, you may find that "repeat for each"
will be your fastest option (at least until Alex Tweedly chimes in with
a three-line solution using "split" <g>).

What does your data look like, and what are you looking for in it?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World