How to filter a big list

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Oct 19 16:59:14 EDT 2009

Bonjour Jérôme,

you could achieve better results by converting this list to a SQLite
database.

If you want to keep using strings for this, then I suppose you could use
some clever combination of sort by each to sort out things by specific
columns.

You can also use RegEx to find the chunks you want, but I believe it won't
be that fast.

And last but not least, if this is not a product but a tool for your use
only, or if you're only deploying on unix like systems, why not dumping this
to a text file and using the shell() with grep? That will be the fastest
solution.

andre