[ANN] WeCode Planet meta-blog that collects posts about revolution.

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 12:04:56 EDT 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Dom wrote:

> Jerry Daniels <jerry.daniels at me.com> wrote:
>
>> I think Dom is saying that since your blog supplies the entire
>> article, what's the incentive for the reader to visit the original
>> site?
>
> You said it better than me ;-)

For those concerned about ANY resource on the internet using the RSS
feed from your site/blog, then you should do a little homework.
The RSS feed is under the control of the author.

-------------
Putting Your Web Content Into A Feed
If you are using blog software it should have feed technology built
in. If you want feeds on your website content, and you should, then
you need to figure out the best way to add new content and get it into
a feed. Some content management systems have RSS built in.

The first action is to decide which content you want in a feed and how
you want it presented to the end user. There are many ways you can put
a feed on your website. Some are free, some have a small cost.

Feeds are produced in a language called XML - eXtensible Markup
Language. XML is not as forgiving as HTML; the formatting is very
strict and a little more complicated. In order to read a feed, a user
needs to have a feed reader. Without a reader a feed looks like this
in XML.

For a static HTML website:
Not only do you need a way to get your content into a feed, you also
need to add the content to your website. To avoid having to pay a
webmaster, or rely on your IT department add the content for you, use
a system like PRESSfeed, which combines content management and feed
technology. PRESSfeed allows you to add the content to the site
instantly and distribute it in a feed. This allows you complete
control over your area of content.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas