Datagrid: animating adding rows to a form?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 06:25:21 EDT 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 2:59 AM, David Bovill wrote:

> I'm wandering if there is anything in the latest version or any
> hacks /
> suggestion to animate form record additions? As the dat comes in I
> would
> like each record to slide down from the top rather than instantly
> appearing

> (which makes it hard to read)?

One technique that is demonstrated in a stack
   Get In Line  by Scott Rossi (url below)

show drag and drop animation where a semi-transparent image of the
clicked-on line follows the mouse cursor.
In your case, lock screen updating, snap the rect, add the line,
unlock the screen, slide the img up, delete the img.
Or use blend level to fade while sliding.

[ANN] GetInLine, Part III
Scott Rossi
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:33:47 -0800

Regardless, GetInLine has been updated yet again with suggestions from
the
list (thanks to Ken, Trevor, Alex and Sarah): more accurate
positioning, a
better drag representation, a drag threshold, and a little surprise for
folks who need to cancel the drag (you'll have to download it and try
it to
find out what it does). Bonus: all the secondary elements used by the
code
are now generated dynamically, so the only object needed to create this
effect is script in the host field.  In your message box:

   go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/getinline.rev";

One item left to update is auto-scrolling which will be completed in a
day
or so.  And if someone knows a workaround for the Windows icon flash,
this
would be the icing on the cake for a what is hopefully a useful drag
routine.

Get out your hammers and break it. :-)
Scott Rossi

Hope this helps