Newbie question - Using multi-line message box

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Fri Oct 16 03:06:12 EDT 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 8:11 AM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> As far as I know, the only difference between UK, USA, MB and MBP
> keyboards
> are some graphics and their .keylayout files.

The Return key on my UK keyboard uses up the far right space of two
rows, it is sort of like an upsidedown L shape. That means that the |
and \ keys are moved down one row lower than on the the USA keyboard
to make room for the top half of the UK Return key.

The UK return key is also narrower on the bottom row it occupies than
all other keys but on the top it is the same width as most other keys.

On my USA keyboard both Shift keys are the same size, unlike the UK
which has a much smaller key on the left.

I place my 17" Mac up off my desk for better ergonomics (not beding my
back over) and use a wireless keyboard when at home. When out with the
Mac I go back to the USA built-in keys. I've adapted.

I rescued that UK keyboard from a cruel beating and excessive verbal
abuse as my partner Cloe, a touch typist, could not adapt to what she
considered 'wrong behavior' in a keyboard.   ;-)

sims