Lessons center and request for volunteers

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Wed Oct 14 10:02:14 EDT 2009

Hi all,

As part of our initiative to bring Rev 4 to a much wider audience with our
launch onto the Web, we are revamping our online documentation. A
particularly important part of this initiative is the new Lessons Center
which contains "How to" type documentation and longer Tutorials that walk
through creating projects. All our internal staff and customer services team
will be using the site to answer questions going forward.

We haven't linked it into the main site yet because it is still under
construction, but we thought you might be interested to take a look at how
the site is shaping up at http://lessons.runrev.com.

We are now looking for a handful of volunteers who would be willing to post
How-tos on the site. We're looking for people with a clear straightforward
writing style who are willing to combine that with Screensteps (its really
quick and easy) and post answers from time to time. Ideally you would have
at least a little experience answering questions. I think it would be
particularly valuable if some of the top participants of this list were to
post responses to questions on this site and then send a link to the list
instead of responding directly. That way everyone will have access to the
answer and we won't have the same questions coming up again and again.

This is an incredibly important initiative for the Rev community and we
would be very grateful to get a handful of volunteers. You needn't commit a
create deal of time, if we have just a few people submitting lessons from
time to time the site will quickly fill up. If you're interested, please
respond to me directly off list. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools