Opening a GLX stack in IDE

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 12 12:04:28 EDT 2009

On Oct 11, 2009, at 8:53 PM, Martin Koob wrote:

> The basic step I was missing was to click the
> 'Click me to launch application' in the launcher.rev stack
>
> At first glance I thought this was to start running the application,
> not for working on it in the IDE.  So I did not click it which lead to
> the problems.
>
> Clicking this results in the other necessary stacks being opened and
> has a call to 'start using' the glxapp_framework.dat stack.

Hi Martin,

The thing to keep in mind with the application framework is that it is
application centric, not stack centric. Just opening up the stacks in
the IDE won't load and configure application settings properly. You
start with the launcher.rev stack file which has enough code to load
the framework library. The framework library then takes care of
initializing and loading the entire application.

Here is the lesson from the manual that describes how to open a GLX
Application Framework application in the IDE for others to reference.
It just covers the steps Martin mentioned above -

How Do I Open An Application in the IDE The Next Time I Launch
Revolution?: <http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/glxapp/lessons/5550-How-Do-I-Open-An-Application-in-the-IDE-The-Next-Time-I-Launch-Revolution-

The API and Visual tutorial docs for the framework are not complete
but I work on them when I get a spare moment or have to answer a
question. So if you get stuck or something doesn't make sense then ask
questions. For example, I added three lessons this morning based on
some questions someone asked.

How Do I Use RevDB With The Application Framework?: <http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/glxapp/lessons/5560-How-Do-I-Use-RevDB-With-The-Application-Framework-

How Do I Display A Splash Screen When My Application Launches?: <http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/glxapp/lessons/6886-How-Do-I-Display-A-Splash-Screen-When-My-Application-Launches-

What is the Best Way To Include the Data Grid Library?: <http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/glxapp/lessons/6887-What-is-the-Best-Way-To-Include-the-Data-Grid-Library-

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems