[OT] Figuring Out XML Error?

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 11:08:14 EDT 2009

On 12 Oct 2009, at 14:38, Colin Holgate wrote:

> The others have answered the main question (with acute solution, you
> might say...), but something that seems odd is that every single
> node has a namespace. I've never seen that done before. Maybe the
> schema at http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/
> 2006 is supposed to take care of the accented characters?

I think a couple of things are missing in the document to allow using
the intended schema(s).

At the top, the "standalone" parameter is set to "yes" which is meant
to indicate that a non-validating parser can interpret the document
without reference to external items such as schemas or DTDs.

And none of the namespace declarations have "schemaLocation"
attributes which tell you where to find the schema content. They
should look something like this, I think, to enable looking up the
schema content:

<abc:document xmlns:abc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/wordprocessingml/2006/main
"  abc:schemaLocation="http://path.to.schema/location">
</abc:document>