Custom headers HTTP protected site

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 20:08:25 EDT 2009

> Step one is to use a ping to domain.com/page.php to get the headers for
> today
> Step two is to extract the Authorization header
> Step three is set the httpHeaders and put the url into a variable.

I too have a need to get data from a protected https page. I can login
from my browser, but when I try to get the page, even suppling my
username & password in the URL, I just get the HTML of login page
returned. I have also tried checking the form in the login page and
POSTing the data directly, but that gets me "error 302 Moved
Temporarily".

I was hoping that your technique would help, but I don't understand
how to get the headers. Does the site you are using have a special
page set up to help with this, or can any page be used?

Regards,
Sarah