compress <-> revZip

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Oct 10 09:08:12 EDT 2009

revzip is a zip compression, where compress is a gzip one. these two
compression methods are not compatible, despite the similar name. from
a user perspective, the main difference is, that gzip does not allow
the compression of folder structures, just single files (that's why
there's often the ending of .tar.gz for linux downloadable content).
For more details i suggest a visit to wikipedia.

I do not own any machine that has only one gig of memory, so i can't
test this with the zip library. i suggest you test it yourself, seems
to be an easy test, if you got a low level machine?

have fun
björnke