Custom headers HTTP protected site

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 19:26:39 EDT 2009

Thanks for the note.  It prompted me to try a simpler solution than
trying to mimic the full browser set of headers.
I just tried adding only the following:

  set the httpheaders to "Authorization: Basic
cm90b3Bhc3MyOjUzcHJpbmNlNDY="

and it worked for the web page as html.
This will get me where I need to go for the immediate future, but I
would like to figure out how to use a page link to download a text file.

In this instance,
    http://www.baseballhq.com/members/tools/projections/proj.php?lg=A&p=B&t=PY&ids=1&f=csv
which normally would trigger the browser to offer the 'save as' dialog.
Perhaps using Apple/VBScript to control the browser as a workaround.

Thanks for the late-night Friday help.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas