Rev app 'not responding' under Vista, but fine in XP

Martin Blackman martinblackman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 10:50:29 EDT 2009

Thanks to Richard, Phil & Jacqueline, the 'wait 0' does the trick,
with or without messages. I just put it as the first line in my repeat
loop.
This is what I've found for those who are interested in Vista
behaviour - a stack is more predisposed to become 'not responding' in
the IDE than as a standalone. As a standalone it does not usually
become non-responsive unless there is a lot of other stuff going on;
however if windows task manager is open, my app is almost guaranteed
to become 'non-responsive' during one particular large repeat loop.
However adding a wait 0 at the start of the loop seems to do the trick
(without speed impact), I haven't been able to make it go
non-responsive with that line in there.

regards
Martin