Parsing images out of .ico files

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Oct 7 14:43:39 EDT 2009

On Wed Oct 7, 2009, Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com wrote:

> Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
> > I just - two minutes ago - mentioned you name and successful efforts
> > on the Metacard list (subject "Standalone Builder").-
>
> > Building time for standalones can rise to
> > several hours in the case of stacks with a larger number of
> > controls. See also my two recent contributions to thread "Practical
> > limits on object counts".
>
> I'm no longer involved in development for the nice folks in Scotland.
> You will need to take up any issues with them now.
>
> Cheers

Monte,

I found the post of 5 years ago mentioning your valuable work in
improving the Rev standalone-building process.

On Sept 20th, 2004,  I had written to the improve-revolution list:

> Subject: New troubles with standalone building and players for
> multi-fields stacks
>
>  The tests described below were conducted on a Windows XP machine with
> 2.5 GHz.
>
> The standalone build time for my 3300-fields teststack was down to 20
> seconds when Monte Goulding had modified the standalone builder of
> version 2.2B1 on March 5. With version 2.5R2 build time has again
> reached an extreme length of 40 (forty) minutes. CPU use during the
> build time is 100%. Build time with the Metacard Standalone Builder is
> 1 second!

It would be nice if the nice folks in Scotland would take a look at your
script.

I also sent another post to the improvement list today and added a new
commentary to bug 2217.

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke