Using online e-mail client

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Wed Oct 7 12:30:48 EDT 2009

I am revisiting a program that I developed last year to send monthly reports
using an user's e-mail client. This version works fine with programs such as
Mail and other dedicated mail programs.

I used the following code for a dedicated mail program:

on mouseUp

   put fld "month" && fld "year" && "Monthly Report" & cr into tHeader

   --- New
   put fld "psych" && fld "name" into line 1 of tdata

   put fld "fld1"  && fld "fld1b" && fld "init" && fld "fld1c" && fld "reev"
into line 2 of tdata
   put fld "fld2" && fld "fld2b" && fld "init2" && fld "fld2c" && fld
"reev2" into line 3 of tdata
   put fld "fld3" && fld "fld3b" && fld "init3" && fld "fld3c" && fld
"reev3" into line 4 of tdata
   put fld "fld4" && fld "screen" into line 5 of tdata

   if it is empty then exit to top
   -- put tHeader & CR & tdata into url("file:" & it)
   put tHeader & CR & tdata into tmessage

   revMail "xxxxxx at mac.com", ,"Monthly Report",tmessage
   revMail "xxxxxx at xxx.xxxx.xxx.xx.xx", ,"Monthly Report",tmessage
end mouseUp

This version must be able to use an user's online e-mail client which is
part of a communication system for a school district. I put the following
code in my e-mail button:

I replaced the following lines of code
revMail "xxxxxx at mac.com", ,"Monthly Report",tmessage
revMail "xxxxxx at xxx.xxxx.xxx.xx.xx", ,"Monthly Report",tmessage

with

launch url "http://xxx.xxxx.xxx.xx.us:xxxx/" ---go to the user's web site
where the e-mail client is located.

This code gets the user to the online mail client where the user must then
enter his/her password before being allow to sent an e-mail with the monthly
report.

The online e-mail client has the following script that runs when the user
then presses the Compose button:

Run script "openWin('/xxxxxxx.dill?Session
=ZYPWMYH&View=Compose&New=Yes',800,600,'compose')."

My question is how do I implement a script to run the above script so the
user can compose the e-mail with the report still in the body of the e-mail?

This is a program for Windows and Mac.