Is RevWebPlayer *PPC* rotten?!

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 18:13:37 EDT 2009

> I downloaded RevMedia4 (at least) and tried to upload on the web a
> little didactic stack (International Units)
>
> I had a number of woes with revwebplayer *PPC*
> sometimes (rarely) it worked*, and afterwards I was unable to read the
> web page...
> Safari was totally blocked, mandatory force-quit ;-<
> Firefox ditto
>
> I thought it was a plugin conflict, so I went to a clean sandbox
> session: Safari crashed immediately -- but it specified that the culprit
> was certainly... nprevweb!!

nprevweb was the name for the older version of the plugin, so if this
is appearing in an error report, it looks like you still have the
older plugin installed.

> it tries to launch the local copy of the revlet -- is it possible to run
> locally a revlet??

Yes, when a web standalone is first built, Rev launches the test.html
file immediately in your default browser and runs it locally.
However when running from the server, I have sometimes had to empty
the cache in order to get my browser so read in the newer version.

> So, my very first productions:
>
> <http://medard.on-rev.com/RevWeb/hello/test.html>
>
> Is it possible to convert to "french" date?

This works fine on my computer (Intel Mac) and shows the local date &
time. However I am not sure you can automatically change the format to
French. If you get "the long system date", it may work fine when you
run it locally, but when you publish the revlet, it is running from
the server, so the "system" will be based on the server's location,
not the browser's location. I can't think of any way around this apart
from a manual conversion routine.

> and a preversion for prefixes in the SI
>
> <http://medard.on-rev.com/RevWeb/prefixes/test.html>

This works fine for me too.