Is RevWebPlayer *PPC* rotten?!

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Mon Oct 5 09:47:02 EDT 2009

Ian Wood <revlist at azurevision.co.uk> wrote:

>  From what I can remember from comments on this list, multiple
> instances of the plugin running tends to mean that you had an old copy
> of the plugin installed and didn't get rid of it before installing the
> current 'beta' version.

Nope. before testing, I carefully disinstalled the plugin (nprevweb) and
the player (revwebplayer)...

Upon running, RevMedia launches revwebplayer -- but it "forgets" to quit
it upon quitting itself
By trying to run the revlet, another instance of revwebplayer is
launched -- hence the problem

By monitoring the running processes (with the app provided by Apple) I
had up to 3 instances running together!
I had to force-quit them, but the player is launched as soon one runs
Safari or another app...
It seems that the browser "forgets" [on the PowerPPC platform] to quit
the player wen it is quitted by the user