Telnet Shell Help

RevList RevList at CreaTECHSol.com
Sun Oct 4 14:40:38 EDT 2009

Mark Smith <lists at futilism.com> on October 3, 2009 at 5:46 PM -0700 wrote:
>Stewart, I think you could do telnet over a socket connection. See
>"open socket", "write to socket" and friends in the docs.

This is what I would like to do, but have no idea on how to implement
this.  I have not used sockets ever and I really need a simple sample app
that would help me to get started.

I don't really know how to start.
I need to telnet to a server and enter the credentials and once
authenticated, send a script that the server understands.
I do it in terminal or in the command line on window but I want to
automate it through revolution.
I understand that when I open a socket to that computer on port 333 (which
is the port I need to use) then the port is open.
I get an open connection but how do I send the commands and know when or
if the server has received and accepted the commands so that I can send
the next one.
For example, when I connect over telnet, I know I have a connection and
can issue my next command, because the terminal displays +0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stewart

individual to whom they are addressed and it may contain information that
is privileged or confidential. If you have received this communication by
mistake, please notify us immediately.