problems with disinstalling REV

barryb at libero.it barryb at libero.it
Thu Oct 1 12:23:26 EDT 2009

Thank you Mark for your rapid and clear suggestions, I will tackle it that way.

Also thanks for tacitly correcting my English. ;-[
Barry
----------------------

Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:04:05 +0200 Mark Schonewille wrote:

>You're right, the
uninstaller is broken and even if you get it to
>work, it won't work properly.
Just forget about it.

>It is save to remove the software manually in XP. Just
move Revolution
>to the trash and re-install. You can even manually remove
any
>shortcuts from the Start menu. This shouldn't cause any problems. The

>only component that isn't fully obvious is the Techsmith dll. You
>should be
able to find this somewhewre in the Windows folder or in a
>QuickTime plugins
folder, but I don't think there is a reason why one