Revolution on 65 Bit Windows

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Thu Oct 1 00:55:22 EDT 2009

Stewart Lynch wrote:

> I don't know if this has been answered before, but I need to know if
> you
> can run a compiled Revolution application on a 64 bit Windows machine
> running either Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008?
>
> I am out of town and do not have access to my test machines with these
> OSs
> installed.

I cannot say from personal experience but from:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/41531554-d5ef-4f2c-8fb9-
149bdc5c8a701033.mspx#EDH

Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer?

Most programs designed for a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows
will work on a computer running 64-bit versions of Windows. Notable
exceptions are many antivirus programs, and some hardware drivers.

Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows do not work on computers
running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer
or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work
correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows. If you are unsure whether there is
a 64-bit driver available for your device, go online to the Windows Vista
Compatibility Center.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini