Interesting blog post - comments anyone?

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Mon Nov 30 15:06:14 EST 2009

Ok, here is my labored rebuttal.  I haven't checked, but I think I correctly said that hyperCARD was invented by atkinson.  I never exposed any dislike of the run-rev product (i am a fan as well!).  My point about integrity and truth was well expressed and clearly argued.  The fact that the product was sold to another company does not explain the awkwardness of the product name.  But the layered abstraction that results is a part of the problem I wanted to expose... that the history of the origin of the intellectual property upon which the product is built and from which it gets most if not all of its basic shape and function, is not rightfully recognized in marketing claims.   run-rev has made contributions to the scheme, and has built a customer support machine second to none in this nitch.  But that doesn't justify a rewrite of history.  And none of this is topical to the original post I offered in this thread. That point was plainly expressed.  Honesty and integrity.  They matter.

randall