Interesting blog post - comments anyone?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Nov 30 12:35:44 EST 2009

Recently, Randall Reetz wrote:

> It would be instructive here to place run-rev in historical and genealogical
> perspective.  In 1987 apple introduced a product based on the genius of
> smalltalk that it called hypercard.
> Lets keep some perspective here.  If rev wants loyalty, then at the very least
> they should share it with the guys who invented all of the stuff it brags
> about in its sales pitches.   Cause almost none of it was naively derived at
> "run time revolution".

Loyalty aside, IMO the entire Hypercard comparison and reflection needs to
end and go away.  Revolution is not Hypercard, and I don't see how comparing
Rev to a dead product invented 20+ years ago serves either the product or
its potential users.  I for one would like to see 2010 begin an era where
all Hypercard comparisons are removed.  Rev has been around for years now --
I think it's quite capable of standing on its own, without the crutch of a
bygone development tool to prop it up.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director