How do I determine/set the active layer of a graphic?

William de Smet williamdesmet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:18:41 EST 2009

Hi there,

I got two graphical clock arms (ovals with set startangles) that can rotate
on mouseup. Their size is different: 450x450 and 327x327.
They need to rotate independent from each other and that works but only when
I click on the outer size of the bigger clock arm (and not on the middle
because then you got the overlap of the smaller clock arm).

So I tried to set the layer of both graphics with:
on mouseup
set the layer of me to top
end mouseup

But then I still need to click on the outer size of the bigger clock arm to
rotate it.
The problem is that both graphics are squares and they overlap.
Is there a way to determine on which graphic I click (or am about to
click).
Maybe with mouseLoc?

Any suggestions?

Greetings,