How to transfer a UNIX executable through Rev

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Wed Nov 25 02:12:14 EST 2009

Here's what I am doing. Not sure why this doesn't work.

I want to transfer the UNIX executable portion of a Mac rev application
bundle via ftp. I take the file; compress it to a .gz file; ftp it; then
decompress it. The file size is identical upon arrival, but it is no
longer recognized as an executable... only a text document.

I am using "binfile" throughout (put the compress of url "binfile:xxx"
into url "binfile:xxx.gz"). What am I missing?  I am transferring from a
Mac server to a Mac computer.

Thanks.
Richard Miller