WAV without QT

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 23 19:21:42 EST 2009

Jim Bufalini wrote:

 >> I just tried playing a WAV file on a Win XP system which doesn't have
 >> QuickTime.
 >>
 >> No go.  MP3 played well, but I couldn't get the WAV file to play.
 >>
 >> Also, I need to be able to start playback from arbitrary times in the
 >> audio file, but setting the currentTime property of the player
 >> appears to have no affect on playback, which always begins at the
 >> beginning.
 >>
 >> Anyone know a workaround to get WAVs playing and to play at specific
 >> points on Win systems without QT?
 >
 > Should have told you to go to Library -> More Options -> File Types
 > tab and make sure Windows audio file (wav) is checked.

That MIGHT work, but the client would prefer an
out-of-the-box-with-nothing-else-required-for-the-user-to-do solution.

But even then, unless I get the playback to start at an arbitrary time
in the clip it's a no-go.

Have you ever been able to get the Win engine to start at any time other
than zero in Rev?

Man, I thought this was fixed ages ago.  Argh......

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World