Edit field weirdness

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 02:13:42 EST 2009

I've spent the better part of a full weekend designing a new user
interface that among many other things (like the "oh so cool"
datagrid), contains around 50 edit fields. My problem is although they
are editable (can type into or delete text from), for some reason I am
unable to cut (ctrl x), copy (ctrl v) or paste (ctrl p) into any of
them.

One of my earlier versions that I archived does not share the same
difficulties and after comparing property settings for both, I can see
nothing wrong with what I have. I have also started the process of
re-layering all of the above, but that seems to make no difference at
all. This thing has left me scratching my head a bit and would
appreciate some advice if it is available.

(Well, that is just about any advice -except- for hearing that I'm
gonna have to rebuild this monster UI from scratch.)

I'm running a freshly re-installed version of Vista if it matters.

Best regards,
David C.