A workaround for saving bits of information from a saved stack using URL?

charles61 cszasz at mac.com
Fri Nov 20 14:15:18 EST 2009

I have been exploring various means of saving some information in a seamless
manner to use in a datagrid when an user saves a document stack. The
document stack requires the use of a dialog box. So that no problem. But I
wanted to save some information from the stack file to a datagrid after the
stack document has been saved. This information includes only six data entry
areas: first name name, last name, grade, planning date, review date and
reevaluation date. I found that the URL method can be used for a seamless
save without requiring the user's attention but it overwrites old saved
information with new information. On the other hand, the write to file can
append a saved file. Does anyone have a workaround for this problem?