Looking for a defined path to learn Rev (for new users)

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Thu Nov 19 16:07:56 EST 2009

Hi Stephan and Francis,

> If one has ever had to work with punched cards (and I have not)
> genuinely
> deserves the title "hard core". That stuff was so boring in the 60s
> that it
> drove me away from the field.

I did as a teenager in high school on a summer job (circa 1968). ;-) I had actually forgotten this until just now.

> How did anything get done?

Veeerrryyy slowly as you kept watching the clock for it to hit 5:00 pm. ;-)

> -------------------------
> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco
> http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev
>

> 2009/11/19 Francis Nugent Dixon <effendi at wanadoo.fr>
>
> > Hi from Paris,

<snip>

> > and came out winning (and not whining !!)

Clever. I like this. I am going to steal it! ;-)

> > Then the question arises - Are there any traditional
> > programmers left ? - It MAY be a dying breed.

Almost any language that is not of the xtalk variety, such as C++, .net, Visual Basic, etc. is "traditional" compared to revTalk and there are more of these types of programmers than ever before.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini