First test for Infinite Zoom

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Sun Nov 15 22:02:42 EST 2009

Alejandro,

I agree. The effect is very mesmerizing and could have a lot of
potential in other applications. There was a library recently that
mimicked gestures (like on a touch screen) that might be perfect for
advanced effects. Swipe up in a short gesture and it zooms in slowly
and swipe down and it zooms out slowly, swipe in a longer gesture and
it zooms faster. I have also seen this effect where if you click and
hold and move up it zoom in and while still holding if you move below
the original clicked spot it will zoom in the other direction.
Certainly opens up some possibilities.

I don't think every image needs to be load from the start. I was
reading up on different sites where they only load the next incoming
or out going image and unload the previous. That of course will make
the coding more difficult but you have already done the hard work in
getting this to happen in runRev. I wonder what the timing will be
like in a revlet?

I plan on digging deeper into the code for this so maybe I will have
some input on the 2 pixel issue and the lag. But I already suspect the
lag is in the number of images being processed at each click.

Very versatile effect already, I can't wait to see more.

Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
3mcgrath at comcast.net

iTunes Library Suite - libITS
Information and download can be found on this page:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/RevOne.html