Wake up Revolution

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 15 11:42:54 EST 2009

Hi Horst,

Why don't you do some logging to figure out what's causing the pain?
Just add something like this to the preOpenCard and openCard handlers:
##
on preOpenCard
  put the milliseconds into tStart
  -- now the rest of your handler script
  -- now put how long it takes at the end of the message box
  put the milliseconds into tEnd
  put merge("preOpenCard: [[tStart]] > [[tEnd]] ([[tEnd - tStart]] millis)") & return after msg
end preOpenCard
##
Now when you move from one card to the next, you should see how long the individual handlers take, but also how much time is between the preOpenCard and openCard events.

If for some reason, the slowdown is inside your own handler, try and narrow it down to the slowest statement. It's not a fun job, but it will give you valuable insight.

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====