csv parser

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Nov 13 18:04:19 EST 2009

Chris Sheffield wrote:
> Wow, it's been a while since I've posted to the list. I first have to say congratulations to the Rev team on the release of Rev 4.0. I've been using it for a couple days now, and it's looking great.
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there has written a csv parsing library in Rev and would be willing to share it. I'm in need of something that will read/write values to a csv file. I'll create my own if I have to, but obviously it would save me a ton of time if I don't have to.

Not exactly a library, but there was a fairly extensive thread back in
October 2004 about the perils of the various forms of csv file, and it
included a couple of handlers to read in csv files - I think there was a
very readable and straightforward one from Richard Gaskin, and later
there was a very efficient (but significantly more complex and obscure)
version from me, at

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-October/045495.html

If you have any control at all, I'd recommend TSV (i.e. TAB Separated
Values rather than Comma SVs).

-- alex.