DataGrid Custom Setup Scripting

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 12 16:33:26 EST 2009

After the better part of 2009 off from using RR, I'm suddenly jumping back
in.

I'm messing with a general purpose ODBC data-sucking stack that I wrote, and
I was thinking of trying to redo it using the DataGrids introduced in 3.5.

The problem I'm having is that I want to write a script to custom-generate
the datagrid on the fly.  In particular, I would like to assign the number
of columns and their headings on the fly.  All the examples I've seen,
though have this information pre-determined.  Since I'm sucking data out of
an ODBC data source, I won't know until runtime how many columns will be
needed, or what their titles will be.

TIA.

Mike