revWeb - link to download the official image?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Nov 12 14:54:20 EST 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> Devin Asay wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 12, 2009, at 11:56 AM, Robert Man wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks, but! The revWeb logo is not included!!
>>>
>>> (all media-ressources images can be taken easiliy from webpages,
>>> however the
>>> revWeb logo is somehow included in the back image, less easy..)
>>>
>>> The revWeb logo is important since it should be used as an image-
>>> link
>>> for
>>> people who do not have the plugin, who have to be somehow
>>> reassured...
>>>
>>> It would be even better to have a specific "noplugin" revWeb image,
>>> as SMALL
>>> as possible, perhaps a reasonnable sized banner with just these 2
>>> words and
>>> pro look to convey a feeling of confidence... (like a security
>>> certificate?)
>>
>> You should get this image when the plugin isn't installed:
>>
>> http://www.runrev.com/revweb/images/revweb-noplugin.gif
>>
>> This is the img src that is referenced in the html file that gets
>> created when you save your stack for the web.
>>
> Oddly enough when I go to the URL referenced above I get nothing but a
> big, blank,
> browser window.

Hmmm. Yes, I see that to, if I click the url from the email.

But if first go to http://revmedia.runrev.com

Then if I paste the url into my browser while on that page, it shows
up. But only if I'm using Safari on my Mac. Firefox fails in all cases.

Odd. I wonder if there are some server-side shenanigans happening that
prevent the gif from loading if it's not in the correct context?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University