reStructuredText in RevTalk ?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Nov 10 18:36:04 EST 2009

I'm using a simple file-based CMS in on-rev (along the lines of Andre's
CMS/blog system).

I'm looking for a simple way to allow users to include simple html
within the files which will be included as part of the web pages. I need
to protect from any accidental damage to the rest of the page (e.g. if
they add <div>s or mis-matched or incorrect <table>, etc.) , and some
users will not be familiar with html. Really all I need is <br>, <p>,
simple <li>, and URL/mail addresses.

I guess I could build a html parser that disallowed any 'unsafe' html -
but that doesn't sounds trivial (and it assumes I can think of all the
cases where html could cause a problem).

Or I could come up with some format of my own to do it.

Or I could build a (small subset of?) reStructuredText to make it easier
to use, and then translate this to html for the output.

Has anyone built this already, in a form they could share ?
Or anything equivalent (and hopefully simpler :-)

(btw - http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html )

Thanks
-- Alex.