Reading/Writing On-Rev Files

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Fri Nov 6 18:14:47 EST 2009

Hi Jacqueline,

I used:

    put the filename of this stack into VarShowStackName
    answer "VarShowStackName = " & VarShowStackName

It returns nothing in the standalone.

As a desktop application it works fine.

Am I missing some library?

Suggestions?

Rick

On Nov 6, 2009, at 5:42 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Rick Harrison wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I have a standalone stack I have uploaded to
>> On-Rev which is supposed to read in some
>> external files which are also on On-Rev.
>> Those files are located in the same folder
>> as the standalone application on On-Rev.
>> The problem is - what is the pathname to use?
>
> Get the filename of your main stack, then parse it to replace the
> item after the last slash with the file you want to access.
>
> --

Rick Harrison

You can buy my $10 music album "Funny Time Machine" digital CD on the
iTunes Store Now!

To visit the iTunes Store now to listen to samples of my CD please
click on the
following link.  (Please note you must have iTunes installed on your
computer for this link to work.)

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=213668290