lineoffset

Rick Rice rick-rice at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 6 18:07:17 EST 2009

Hey thanks Jim and Shao and Craig:

What I have is a field "storage" in which detailed descriptions of
various white blood cells is stored. Like this;
	Myeloblast|and now a detailed discussion of Myeloblast ..............
	Promyelocyte|and now a detailed discussion of
Promyelocyte ..............
	Myelocyte|and now a detailed discussion of Myelocyte ..............
	Metamyelocyte|and now a detailed discussion of
Metamyelocyte ..............

In a list field in which I have the list of cells like this;
	Myeloblast
	Promyelocyte
	Myelocyte
	Metamyelocyte
	etc ....

Then I have another field called "display"

So in the list field script I have the script:
> on mouseUp
>    set itemdel to "|"
>    get the clicktext
>    put lineoffset (it, item 1 of cd field "storage")
	and other stuff
> end mouseUp

	What I want is for the student to click on a cell name in the list
field. Take the name they clicked on and look for it as the first
item in the storage field. Once it has found the line in the storage
field then take item 2 of that line and put it into the display field.

As I said, when I enter the script the editor accepts it and does not
give any error but, it always returns 0

Rick