including a file on on-rev

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Fri Nov 6 05:03:23 EST 2009

Hi Thomas,

I just started with irev and mysql. I know how you must feel. I can
program quite fluently in revtalk
and if something doesn't work as expected, which happens fairly often,
I always know at least 2 or more ways to tackle the problem or to
solve it in a different way.

But now  I am getting on 'new' ground: irev, connections, ports,
mysql, cgi, css, htm, etcl.
And all these things need to work together aswell and suddenly I find
myself looking all over the place to find 'trivial' things,
that is, trivial once you know them.

The first hurdle being where to look, where can you find what you
need. Copying bits and pieces from code you find,
trying to fit it all together. It's like walking through molasses,
till you sudenly discover that you're no longer walking but
somehow you've started swimming, and now that you look more closely it
is not mollasses at all, but it's something like ... water.
(and now that you're really taking attention you notice that you have
turned into ... a fish)

Well anyway here are some pieces of what I tried and failed.

include "../lib/ccStats.irev"  -- failed with "FTP error file "/
testing/..//lib/cc_PageStats.irev" not present.
         the include call was made from a page in the "testing"
folder. Why that folders name is added I don't know

include "http://claudi.on-rev.com/lib/cc_PageStats.irev"          -
fails

I also tried: include "/home/claudi/public_html/lib/
cc_PageStats.irev"   which for some reason first failed and later on
it worked
    no idea why it first failed but I've been changing and trying all
kinds of things which I don't all recall and in which order,
    so probably I first did something stupid.

I also tried some more complicated crazy things to no avail but what
those where,  I don't know anymore.

So it looks like I can use: include "/home/claudi/public_html/lib/
cc_PageStats.irev"
or what I use now:
set the defaultFolder to $_Server["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]
include "lib/cc_PageStats.irev"

I hope this helps
   Best wishes,
    Claudi