[ANN] ssMacWindows 1.1.0

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Nov 5 10:54:07 EST 2009

On Nov 5, 2009, at 10:19 AM, Shao Sean wrote:

>> Your external command is most likely still in the message path
>
> Where do externals sit in the message path? I always thought they
> sat just before the engine therefore any custom command with the
> same name as the external would run instead of the external code..

An external is attached to a particular stack. In order to make the
externalCommands and externalFunctions of the stack available to all
scripts the stack has to be put in use as a library. Wherever the
library stack sits in the message path is where the externalCommands/
externalFunctions for the external reside.

* If the Revolution IDE is loading an external at launch then the
external is attached to the home stack.

* When Revolution builds a standalone and you include an external a
special substack named revExternalLibrary is created. The externals
your standalone uses are attached to the stack and the stack is put in
use.

* If the developer is loading an external on their own then you don't
know which stack/where in the message hierarchy it will appear.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems