Anyone know of a hue sort stack?

planix dr.alistair at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 04:26:21 EST 2009

Mark Schonewille-3 wrote:

> Then again, if you want to do exactly the same as the Java applet, all
> you need to do is sort the objects by their respective RGB-values --
> unless the actual hue plays a role in your diagnosis.

Thanks Mark,

that's pretty much what I need to do- just provide colour objects to be
drag/dropped by the user. The main thing will probably be determining how
accurate the user's sort is. As the hue is determined by the RGB values, I
guess I just need calculate how far away an individual object is from it's
'true' location by subtracting the object's RGB from the location's expected
RGB- something like that. I am thinking to score using a single unit
indicator of how many spots away from the 'true' location the object is
placed. I'll just need to think about how to find out how many spots away it
is given that hue varies across the 3 RGB values.

cheers

AC