including a file on on-rev

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 19:34:43 EST 2009

>>> I need to change the include statement to:
>>> include "../lib/cc_PageStats.irev"
>>> but this doesn't work.
>>
>> I have many pages at my on-rev site like that and it works fine. The "../"
>> does mean "up one folder" and I often use it.
>>
> This works for me too.   But it does have the HUGE disadvantage that the
> source file must know where it is in the folder tree so it can have the
> correct number of "../"s). It would be better to have a form that would work
> from anywhere in the tree ... which leads us on to ...

And if you have include files that call other include files, they need
to know where they are called from, rather than were the include file
is.
In HTML, if you have a path like "/images/pic.jpg" then the browser
knows that this means to go to the root folder, find the images folder
and use the pic.jpg file in there. Unfortunately, iRev doesn't work
like this, so you have to be more specific.

But this doesn't explain why Claudi is having problems. I think the
On-Rev client is confused about where the lib file is going. Perhaps
you should have a look using an FTP client or the FTP manager in
cPanel.

Cheers,
Sarah