8 days to go ?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:13:21 EST 2009

stephen barncard wrote:
> 16 hours of video is a PIA
Really, I didn't know Pakistani Airways were involved in the DVD
production  . . .  :)

[err, sorry, just couldn't resist that one.]
> to edit render, duplicate and ship, if you've
> never done that before.

Yes, I have done "that sort of thing"; at one rather 'tight' period in
my life
I was converting Scottish wedding VHS tapes into DVDs; and dealing with
daft requests from wedding guests who didn't want too much of their
wedding breakfast drunken antics preserved for posterity. Once you have
seen 5 drunken yobboes in kilts you have seen them all . . .  :)
> It's a lot of work. Last year the DVDs were delayed for a long time, many
> times I assume due to presenters re-doing their live presentations for
> whatever reasons.
That sounds pretty deadly.
>  Those re-recreations were pretty bad; stiff, and boring. A
> major attractor  for me is the 'live' presentation, with the personality of
> the presenter coming through.

Frankly, if I never recieve the DVDs it is not the end of the world; I
am much more
keen on getting my sweaty paws on the final build of RunRev 4.