Where is applications folder on OSX

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Mon Nov 2 15:32:53 EST 2009

Not sure how to solve this.

    put specialfolderpath("apps") & "/videos" into mainfolder

The above line does create the correct pathway to this folder in
Applications. However, I then need to set the filename of a player to a
video inside that folder.

    put mainfolder & "/test1.mov" into fname
    set the filename of player 1 to ("file:///" & fname)

I need to use the "file:///" syntax because this is being done through
revweb in a browser (which seems to require this syntax... unlike a
regular player in a standalone). Using the above, the filename in the
player will NOT be correct, however, because the player requires the
users HD name to be right after "file:///".

In other words:

This doesn't work for the filename of the player:

    file:///Applications/videos/test1.mov

This works:

    file:///Macintosh HD/Applications/videos/test1.mov

I'm not sure how to correct this. None of the OSX specialfolderpath
returned values contain the HD portion of the pathway.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
Richard Miller