Question about combo boxes

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:50:52 EST 2009

Hello folks,
I've just started a new project that will make use of several combo
boxes. Some of these will be used only in a reporting function while
others will determine how the processing is handled from a separate
button in the stack.

Question: Is there a way to extract the current item selected on any
given combo box for use with the handler of a different control
(button), without the use of global variables? I've tried several
different ideas, none of which have worked for me.

Regards,
David C.