Checking status of checkboxes

charles61 cszasz at mac.com
Sun Nov 1 13:59:09 EST 2009

I have two sets of checkboxes. The first set consists of 11 checkboxes and
the second set consists of 13 checkboxes. I want to script for the user to
be able to go another marked card if one or more of the first set of
checkboxes are checked  AND if one or more of the second set of checkboxes
are checked.

In the following script I was able to set up the first condition for the
first set of checkboxes so the user could go to a marked card:

on mouseUp
   switch
      case (the hilite of button "check1" = true )
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check2" = true)
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check3" = true)
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check4" = true)
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check5" = true)
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check6" = true)
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check7" = true)
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check8" = true)
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check9" = true)
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check10" = true)
         go first marked card
         break

      case (the hilite of button "check11" = true)
         go first marked card
         break
      default
         answer information "Please check one of the disability areas."
   end switch
end mouseUp

My question is how do I add the second condition in my switch statements
that one or more of the checkboxes are checked in the second set of
checkboxes so that the user can go to the specify marked cards. By the way,
the second set of checkboxes do not determine which marked cards the user
can to. The second condition of the second checkboxes is only that one or
more of the checkboxes are checked.