Stykz

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun May 31 11:15:49 EDT 2009

Richmond Mathewson wrote:
> although it is not overtly stated one look at the interface
> is a dead give-away that it has been made with
> Runtime Revolution.

The scope and functionality of Ken's program is very impressive, but if
just looking at it makes it clear what development tool it was made with
that's quite a harsh indictment for the tool.

Ideally, any development tool would produce wares which are so
reflective of conventions of the OSes it runs on that it would be
indistinguishable from products made with, say, xCode or MS Visual Studio.

FileMaker, HyperCard, and some other tools took such radical liberties
with OS conventions that it was usually easy to spot things made with
them; the developer had little control over many of the design elements
that were forced on them.

I like to believe Rev has gone beyond such old-world limitations, but
perhaps it still has some weaknesses which should get some attention:

What specific elements suggest "Rev" to you when you look at the
screenshots?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World